Monday, November 7, 2011

I Almost Bought an I-Phone

I've held out on buying a smartphone because I'm super cheap. I think that cell phones and phone plans in general are pricey, and that the phone companies have a huge profit margin and they rip people off. Even worse they get away with it because they have created a product that most people feel like they cannot live without. Smartphones have all of these same problems but on a whole different exponentially-multiplied level.

So despite the fact that I will never own a smartphone because they are overpriced and people who own them are super annoying, and texting is quickly becoming the bane of my existence, if I had a fairly godmother who decided to give me an I-phone paid for my phone bills, then who am I to reject such a generous gift?


As in most cases though, people who deserve special things like I-phones, such as myself, and who would not misuse or abuse the privileges associated with such an item, do not actually own said items. I-phones and other such coveted things seem to only be in the hands of evil people who do not use these things for good.

I've been training in my new position for the past few weeks, and as frustrating as learning a new job is, this experience is even more frustrating because my trainer keeps texting throughout the day! Its unprofessional and rude! She should be training me on how to work, not on how to text.

Every time her phone goes off, my blood starts to boil. Today I was even more perturbed by it than usual and was ready to grab it out of her hands and smash it on the floor and jump on it, two-year old tantrum style.

Fortunately for her (and the I-phone and my wallet) I was able to constrain myself.

I make no guarantees about tomorrow though.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. That's really unprofessional for a trainer to be texting while training. I also have to agree with you on the whole smartphone idea. People who have smartphones seems to spend more time playing on their phones than communicating with the people around them. I also hate it when people take their smartphones to church and then play games or check Facebook. Seriously I think it's gotten so bad that people can't live three hours without their phones. What is the world coming to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an authority on tantrums, I recommend you avoid the jumping and sharpen your teeth instead. It is much scarier. :)

    ReplyDelete