Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dressing and Why it is Dis-gust-ing

Dressing is not all bad. I personally think that people should be fully dressed the majority of the time. (I especially think that my roommate should be fully dressed when she's hanging out in my living room, but alas, this situation has yet to be remedied).

Dressing as in stuffing as in Thanksgiving dinner trimmings is bad though. Its REALLY bad. As in one-of-the-worst-things-that-could-possibly-ever-be-made bad.

I love Thanksgiving. I love the warm, fuzzy feelings it emotes, and the family get-together, and I especially love the food. I love it all...turkey, yams, rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy...yum...although I have two major exceptions: Orange Jell-o with carrots, and dressing. (Also, I'm not the biggest fan of the jellied cranberries, I hate marshmallows on my yams, and then there were the two tragical years when one aunt brought cheese-whiz filled celery, and when another aunt used rancid shortening to make her pies...but these are all beside the point.)

I don't see any redeeming qualities about Thanksgiving dressing. It's soggy bread, soggy celery, and other soggy, unidentifiable items (which being unidentifiable makes it in and of itself undesirable). The taste AND the texture are both vices and unlike the carroty jell-o it isn't funny.

For now I guess its just something nasty that I'll have to keep passing off to the rest of my family.

I do have to say that one of the biggest benefits of being an adult is that you get to load your OWN plate with your own portion sizes and own choices of entrees and thus never get stuck sitting at the table for hours after everyone has left it staring at nasty soggy dressing that your parents want to you eat---don't they realize its even less edible two hours later than it was when it was first placed on the table?! (not that it was ever edible in the first place though...).

2 comments:

  1. You may think you are an adult and can fill your own plate; however, if you sit by one of your helpful sisters or your bro-in-law who loves "stuffing!" then you may be in trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kristy, really? If stuffing even comes near my plate, you might find yourself the subject of one of my blog posts and the target of my vicious rhetoric.

    ReplyDelete