Monday, August 13, 2012

Things I Will Never Understand

1. How Planes Fly.
Sure, I get the principles of lift, thrust, drag and wieight.  Theoretically flight makes sense.  But I'm much more familiar with gravity--which is why it is hard for me to believe that mid-flight, the plane is NOT going to plummet to the Earth.

2. Pretty Woman
I do not understand how this is considered a romantic movie (Ok, the end scene where Richard Gere climbs the fire escape is pretty romantic, but I still cannot get over the whole prostitution thing...)

3.  Shoes that have the individual toes
I don't care how good they are for running, NO ONE should ever wear these monstrosities.

4.  Children with smartphones.
Really?! Your 3 year old needs an I-phone to Skype with you?

5. The name the Berenstain Bears chose for their third child.
You remember those moral-teaching bears from childhood: Mama, Papa, Brother and, Sister Bear?  Well, while browsing through some books at a store a while back I noticed that the Bear family had grown.  Papa and Mama Bear had a new bundle of joy, and named it....Honey.  Yes, Honey.  Now, typically I would have no objection to a bear being named Honey, but in this particular family where the two oldest kids are literally named, Brother and Sister, why isn't this new addition named Baby Bear?

No comments:

Post a Comment