Thursday, July 12, 2012

Prequels

I just saw that a prequel to the Wizard of Oz is coming out.

Really?

Didn't all of the important elements of the story already happen?

 Is it going to be about Dorothy as a kindergartner and the Scarecrow's progression from growing in a hay field to protecting the corn fields?


I'm just not a fan of prequels in general. Has there ever been a good one?  I can't think of one.


Why does Hollywood insist on ruining classic stories with stupid prequels and/or sequels?  


On the same website that I found out this troubling information, I also saw a headline stating that a 'Psycho' prequel was coming to TV.  I was too scared to click on the link....and not because of Norman Bates...but once again, didn't all of the important and exciting parts of the story already happen?


Hollywood needs to step it up in terms of their creativity.  Rehashing old story lines and adapting classic story lines into monstrosities that cast a horrible shadow over their classic, well-done forebears needs to be done away with.  At least that's what I would wish for if I had some ruby slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment