Thursday, February 23, 2012

Closing Time

Some of my faithful blog readers (hi, Mom!) may have noticed that there has been a derth of funny stories and an overall a lack of posting. That is because I have decided to cut ties with the crazies that supplied me with most of my best material. Yes, I have moved away from apartment 24.

Finally!!!

I can honestly say that I have never been so happy to leave a place in my life. And even though I ended up moving back in with my parents, which was definitely not part of my life plan, I felt pure, unadulterated exuberance. Which is saying a lot, especially for one who tends towards the negative aspects of life...

Part of my lack of presence in the blogging world could also be that I've added a forty minute commute to and from work in my need for a quick escape from the roomies and I'm just tired all of the time. Also, I've moved back in with my parents and sister, and while they are crazy in their own right, I grew up with them and am pretty much immune to their craziness. Also, I come from the same gene pool, so I try to ignore their crazy in the hopes that I don't have to analyze myself to see if I've inherited the same idiosyncracies :)

The main reason why I moved back in with my parents (besides the fact that its apparently what all the cool kids are doing...or is it just me that is seeing this trend?) is because I am getting my own condo! My parents were very kind to take me in and keep me from living out of a cardboard box (which would still be preferable to living with my old roommates), while I waited for all of the stars to align in order to become a new homeowner.

Tonight was the closing. I feel like I should be playing the National Anthem right now (ahh, does anyone else remember the good old days when the Office was good? Granted that was a long time ago...).

So, I signed a bunch of papers, essentially signing away the next thirty years of my life, all of my money for eternity, and probably my first born child.

I move in the beginning of next week!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm so excited for you! I need to see pics...I hope you'll still have me as a roommate ;)

    ReplyDelete