Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cupcake

I love cupcakes. They are yummy. They are cute. They are just all around fun.  And now they are an object lesson:

I Want to Be a Cupcake
I was tasty batter, that wanted to be free,
Free to be myself, and make the most of me.

"What do you want of life?" My maker asked of me.
"A yummy, yummy cupcake is what I want to be."

"You must have some guidelines, ' that's what I was told.
"For you cannot be a cupcake, unless you have a mold."

What? Live within the bounds of a simple paper ring?
Oh no, I"ll be a cupcake by doing my own thing.

"It's a lot of nonsense, " I told of friend of mind.
"I can live outside the mold and I will do just fine!"

"You may need those rules and laws, to be what you should be.
But I'm a better batter; those rules weren't meant for me."

So, the others started rising; so light, so round so neat.
While I oozed and dripped and fell apart; I couldn't take the heat.

And now the others are frosted, with pink sweet happiness.
I want to be a cupcake...for now I'm just a mess.


I am so grateful for the commandments that the Lord has given me for my protection.  They are such a blessing to me!

(I came across this poem as I've been packing up by apartment in preparation to go on my mission.  This poem was shared in my ward last summer. I don't know who the author is, and my attempts to discover the author have been unsuccessful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment