Saturday, October 13, 2012

I'm Too Old to Be in a Singles Ward....

....and not because I think that 23 is old. Its more that I'm an old soul. I really think that I'm like an 80 year old at heart.  This unfortunately means that I have a hard time relating to the other people in my ward, and it also means that I don't like the idea of watching an outdoor movie for Family Home Evening in mid-October.  I like movies.  I like being outside. I cannot tolerate being cold though, so I draw the line when it comes to sitting on the cold hard ground on an even even colder, frosty Fall night.

Also, this might just be my elderly crankiness coming out, but when did watching movies become a good way to socialize and meet people?  Admittedly the last outdoor movie Family Home Evening I went to (which I was excited about, at first, but then again that was because it was held during the Summer...), I did meet people, but they made me feel somewhat homicidal because they were jerks...so once again, still not good for socializing.

And to keep the tirade going: we watched a movie last week for FHE! I guess it still beats speed dating though.

1 comment:

  1. If you're too old for a singles ward-- then I definitely am :) haha. I agree a cold fall night is not the time for a movie night. You should suggest they do a marshmallow war. That will bring the guys out better than any movie night.

    ReplyDelete